YCG 2021 COVID-19 GUIDELINES
Your safety is our priority. We will closely follow Maine CDC guidelines, local epidemiologists’ recommendations, and YCS recommendations and guidelines. Please remember that these guidelines can be changed based on any new information that we receive. We will be abiding by the following guidelines to ensure the health of renters and volunteers to minimize the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus.
Prior to working in your plot or volunteering:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness – cough, fever, shortness of breath, recent loss of taste or smell – please stay home and contact your healthcare provider.
- If you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home for 10 days to monitor symptoms or until you receive a negative COVID-19 test.
- Please let us know if you have been diagnosed or exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated people with no COVID-19 symptoms do not need to quarantine or be tested following exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, as their risk is low.
Travel guidelines for renters and volunteers:
- Fully vaccinated Maine residents (those who have received all required doses and have waited at least 2 weeks for the vaccine to take full effect) are not required to quarantine or get a COVID test upon returning to Maine from any state.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you may travel to and from the five other New England states ( NH, MA, VT, CT, and RI) without having to quarantine or test when you get back to Maine. Prior to May 1, non-vaccinated Maine residents will have to either quarantine for 10 days, and/or get tested for COVID when returning from any of the other 44 states.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you can forgo the 10-day quarantine period upon your arrival if you have a negative COVID-19 antigen or molecular (PCR, NAAT, or isothermal) test collected no more than 72 hours before arriving or upon your arrival in Maine.
- After May 1, we will follow the Maine CDC guidelines for non-vaccinated Maine residents who are returning from the other 44 states.
- You can get a COVID test by calling the Yarmouth COVID Task Force, look on-line or go to a Walgreens Pharmacy.
- Please remember if you have been vaccinated, we ask you stand in solidarity with the community that have not yet been vaccinated and protect each other until more is known about transmission and post vaccination reinfection. If we all continue to wear masks, it will create a safer environment for all.
Guidelines for renters or volunteers:
- When you arrive and leave, please use the hand sanitizer located near the renters’ gate. If you have your own personal sanitizer, please feel free to use that instead.
- Using a spray bottle with bleach and water solution, spray down all tools after each use. This includes all gardening tools, wheelbarrows, lawn mower and watering cans. Bleach/water solution spray bottles are located near the renters’ gate, near the wheelbarrows and in the renters’ shed. You may also spray the bleach solution on a paper towel to wipe the tools down. Please put your used paper towels in the trash bin provided. You may bring your own tools to use.
- Limit one person in the shed at a time.
- Wear a mask at all times, covering your nose and mouth.
- Do not touch your face, especially your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Maintain physical distancing. Please be aware of other people and always stay at least 6 feet from other gardeners at all times.
- Bring your own gardening gloves. We will not have any available at the garden for your use.
- When under the pavilion, please remember to maintain social distancing.
- The community plot/children’s garden gate will be open during work hours (Tuesday and Saturday mornings) so that we have less need to touch and handle the latch.
- We will have signage to help provide information about updated guidelines. Please check for signs in the pavilion, on fences, and/or on gates. Please remember that recommendations can be changed based on new information that we receive.
- A steering committee member or YCG coordinator will participate on workdays to guide people in the steps to prevent infection and assure they have tasks that keep them at a safe distance.
- If you wish to volunteer, please contact Wendy Barmore or Denise Compton prior to volunteering in the community plot or children’s garden. This also pertains to groups that are interested in volunteering at the garden.
- We request that any outside individual or group read the YCG COVID guidelines prior to arriving at the garden and adhere to these guidelines while at the garden.
- The rental plots are open to renters only. The community plot will be open to renters, steering committee members, and prior approved volunteers. The children’s garden will be open to renters, steering committee members, prior approved volunteers, and Garden Camp campers and their families.