YCG 2021 COVID-19 GUIDELINES-UPDATED MAY 3, 2021
Your safety is our priority. We will closely follow Maine CDC guidelines, local epidemiologists’ recommendations, and YCS recommendations and guidelines. Please remember that these guidelines can be changed based on any new information that we receive. We will be abiding by the following guidelines to ensure the health of renters and volunteers to minimize the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after the single dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
Prior to working in your plot or volunteering:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness – cough, fever, shortness of breath, recent loss of taste or smell – please stay home and contact your healthcare provider. Please get tested at one of the many locations available in Maine and in Yarmouth.
- If you are not fully vaccinated and may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home for 10 days to monitor symptoms or until you receive a negative COVID-19 test.
- Please let us know if you have been diagnosed or exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated people with no COVID-19 symptoms do not need to quarantine or be tested following exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, as the risk is low.
Guidelines for renters or volunteers:
- Please remember if you have been vaccinated, we ask you to stand in solidarity with the community that have not yet been vaccinated and protect each other until more is known about transmission and post vaccination reinfection.
- Masks are not required to be worn. However, if social distancing is difficult to maintain, masks are recommended.
- Please be aware of other people and remember social distancing guidelines.
- Limit one person in the shed at a time.
- Bring your own gardening gloves. We will not have any at the garden for your use.
- When under the pavilion, please remember social distancing guidelines.
- We will have signage to help provide information about updated guidelines. Please check for signs in the pavilion, or on fences or gates.
- A steering committee member or a YCG coordinator will participate on workdays to help guide people in the steps to prevent infection and assure they have tasks that keep them safe.
- If you wish to volunteer, please contact Wendy Barmore or Denise Compton prior to volunteering in the community plot or children’s garden. This also pertains to groups that are interested in volunteering at the garden.
- We request that any outside individual or group read the YCG COVID guidelines prior to arriving at the garden and adhere to these guidelines while at the garden.